Changes to Training & Racing
Please be aware of the following Covid-19 expectations before attending training or racing as of 18 July 2020, in line with requirements for junior sport in NSW.
Who can support riders?
Junior riders – Parents or carers may attend.
Adult riders – Don’t bring spectators, unless they are caring for junior riders.
Everyone else– Don’t bring the grandparents, cousins, friends etc.
Not sure? Stay at home.
- Do not attend if you or any of your family members show any symptoms of Covid-19. Get tested if you are not sure.
- Do not attend if you have visited Victoria, or come into contact with someone who has, in the last 14 days. Get tested if you are not sure.
- Keep up to date with the current hot-spots.
A list of hot-spots and what to do if you’ve been there can be found at https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/latest-news-and-updates
Get in, Train/Race, Get out
- Report to the Neo Covid Officer (near sign-on desk) on arrival so that all attendees are recorded.
- Tyres should already be pumped and ready to go. -No shared pump available.
- Riders should be dressed and ready to train. -No change facilities available.
- Please bring camping chairs for all attendees (adults and riders). We naturally start off 1.5 metres apart, but human nature brings us together as we begin to socialise. Planting chairs 1.5 metres apart will help:
i) prevent us from creeping closer together.
ii) prevent us from leaning on the fence (that others have already touched).
- We will wipe down horizontal rails for roller set up at Lidcombe Oval. Rollers may not be shared outside of family bubbles to avoid the work involved in wiping down fence rail between every warm up/down. (unless we have volunteers for that role).
- Riders should stop and start on the track without touching the fence.
Contact Free Modifications
As a non-contact sport, the changes required to keep our riders and volunteers safe are minimal.
- Prepay – We prefer that you prepay. Those paying with cash are expected to sanitise hands afterwards, as are volunteers.
- Sign-on – Volunteer will initial on your behalf.
- Bib – sanitise your hands after pinning on the bib and after returning it.
- Time trial – No handlers. Riders start with one foot on the ground.
- Handicap & Crit Start – Parent/carers may handle their own kids from the back in the younger grades.
- Prize-money – Anyone awarding or receiving cash, should sanitise their hands.
- Free Chupa-Chup – Decide with your eyes. Take the first one you touch.
Head Covid Officer: Gay Watson – Duties will be delegated to the following people:
|Sunday||Near Sign-on desk|